Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) can be used as a process control parameter for real-time automated control of batch sewage treatment systems. Results suggest that ORP has great potential for the control of anoxic sequences, since the distinct breakpoint in the ORP-time curve correlates to the disappearance of nitrates.
- Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP)
- Real-time control
- aerobic-anoxic sludge digestion
- biological phosphorus removal
- sequencing batch reactors
- © International Association on Water Quality 1993